Our school has chosen 'GetSet4PE' as a Scheme of Work to ensure broad and balanced National Curriculum coverage. The children thoroughly enjoy the activities which are designed to keep them active and involved.
The Scheme of Work has supportive lessons plans which include a range of sports. All sports have a progressive application of skills from Early Years to Year 6. This scheme of work is inclusive and ensures that pupils of all abilities access the range of activities we offer.
At St Nicholas we aim to ensure that children: -
- develop a love of physical activity and sport
- become confident, resilient and able to strive for their personal best
- acquire the values and skills to celebrate and respect the success of others
- are able to modestly celebrate their own successes
- can be physically active for sustained periods of time
- develop a greater understanding of how to live healthy lifestyles and make healthy choices
- are healthy in mind and spirit
- leave primary school with the skills, knowledge and a positive mindset enabling success in future sporting challenges and lifestyles choices