Our Vision for Music at St Nicholas School
For every child to leave St Nicholas at the end of Year 6……….
- Perform, listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions, including the works of the great composers and musicians.
- Sing and to use their voices.
- Create and compose music on their own and with others.
- Play the keyboard using both melodies and chords.
- Play the ocarina if here in Key Stage 1.
- Follow standard. music notation.
- Use Garage Band on the ipads to compose music.
- Have knowledge of specific musical vocabulary.
Throughout KS2 children will study the history of Western Music:
Year 3 - Medieval
Year 4 - Renaissance and Baroque
Year 5 - Classical and Romantic
Year 6 - 20th Century