"Art embodies some of the highest forms of human creativity"
The National Curriculum
Our Vision for Art at St Nicholas School
For every child to leave St Nicholas at the end of Year 6……….
- Having fully accessed the art national curriculum, regardless of their ability, and produced creative work, exploring their imagination, ideas and recording their experiences.
- They should have been engaged, inspired and challenged by the art work they have observed and produced.
- They will have had opportunity to become proficient in drawing, painting, ceramics, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques.
- They will be able to evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art (15 elements) including, tone, pattern and colour.
- They will have learnt about great Artists, craft makers, architects and designers, and developed a greater understanding of the historical and cultural development of their art forms.