The closing date for Primary School Admissions has now passed. For all queries regarding School Admissions please contact Mrs Orchard, our Admission Officer who be happy to discuss any queries or concers you may have. She can be contacted each day on 01932 227744, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or please feel welcome to pop into the school office, which is open from 8.30am-4.30pm each day.
Primary School offers will communicated on 16th April 2020 by email.
Our Admission Policy can be viewed below and also answers to some frequently asked questions.
I chose St Nicholas because:
- Good reputation ~ good reviews from other parents ~ want the best for my child
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere ~ seemed very approachable
- Enthusiastic Year 6 tour guides ~ polite, friendly, kind, positive and very excited about their school
- Existing children here very happy ~ siblings
- Attended this school as child ~ family history ~ cousins/friends children come
- It is a Church School ~ the ethos and facilities
- The school values
- Proximity to home
- Children were very engaged with their learning during the visit
- Had a good feeling ~ school is big but had warm and welcoming feel
- School environment and discussions with teachers
- The focus was on developing the ‘whole’ child
- We like how the reception classes (and especially outdoor area) are set up
- Support for individual needs
My Child has Settled well because:-
- She has friends in her class ~ was well prepared by nursery/school/home
- Siblings in school ~ used to coming ~ familiarity
- Feels confident and the school aids this further
- The gradual settling-in days with half a class ~ staggered entry ~ gentle introduction ~ brilliant ~ process well managed ~ daughter loved it
- The visit before starting
- Child ready ~ pre-visits to class ~ meeting teacher
- The staff and school welcoming and friendly
- Understanding, calm, friendly, cheerful teachers ~ knew needs of my child His teacher is always cheerful and welcoming.
- The positive and friendly atmosphere
- Fun and varied activities ~ my child has had so much fun
- One of the eldest
- She has a solid social circle, has made new friends
- Feels welcome and secure
- Excited, happy and ready to go cheerfully every day ~ looks forward to coming in each morning
- Ready for school
- Has made new friends quickly.
- Lots of positivity about what’s happened during day
- Is very happy and talks with glee about her day.
- Feels valued and is excited about the activities on offer
Applying for a RECEPTION or YEAR 3 child place for September 2020 ~ FAQ's
When can I apply?
The online application process was open from 31st October 2019 but closed on 15th January 2020.
Where do I apply?
We also have our own supplementary form to complete and this can be accessed via this website or the school office.
When will I hear if my child has a place?
Surrey County Council will inform you by 16th April 2020.
Can I appeal?
Information will be given in the letter you receive from Surrey County Council explaining the procedure for appeals. You should contact us in the first instance should you wish to make an appeal. We then liaise with Surrey County Council who will forward an appeals pack to you. The deadline for appeals is 21st May 2020. Hearings will take place by 23rd July 2020 (within 40 school days).
Can I look around the school before I decide?
We encourage school visits. This is an opportunity for you to see the school in action, ask questions of Year 6 pupils who lead the tours and meet the Headteacher. For other visits please contact Mrs Orchard, Admissions Officer on 01932 227744.