Physical Education, Fitness and Competitive Sport
At St Nicholas, our vision statement reflects our commitment to providing the best possible opportunities for children to enjoy physical activity and keep healthy.
Additional government funding has been given to schools (Sports Premium) to improve provision of physical education and sport. This funding has significantly raised the profile of keeping fit and being healthy in our school.
The impact of funding over the past 2 years has been tremendous:-
In 2017/18 we expect to receive £16,500. This funding will be used to support the priorities set by the Leader for Physical Education.
Key Areas for Development:
1. More Interhouse competitions
2. Wider variety of clubs for participation (incl. links with sports clubs)
3. More opportunities for children to participate in fixtures/tournaments/matches/events against other schools
4. Continue to target inactivity within the school
5. Aim for Gold School Games Mark
In 2016/17 we received £10,415. Below is a summary of our expenditure:
Additional after school Sports Clubs £4,970
Small ratio 1:2 coaching for non-swimmers and those who excel £2,700
Physical Education Leadership £1,390
Qualified coaches for leading competitive sport £1,019
Resources for extending competitive sport £336